How To Play Video Poker
The game is a digital version of poker where your aim is to get the best hand from 5 cards dealt. After the initial deal you can choose to hold any or all of the cards and then you are dealt new cards to replace the ones you don't want. At this time you will find out whether you win or lose.
Jacks or Better - The most common type of video poker
- Deuces Wild - All 2's are wild
- Joker Poker - Played with a 53 card deck (52 cards plus joker)
- Deuces and Joker - Offers a big pay for four 2's and a joker
- Double Bonus - Increased payouts for four of a kinds
- Double Double Bonus - Increased pays for four of a kinds with kicker
Common Video Poker Hand Rankings (Highest To Lowest)
- Royal Flush - A, K, Q, J, 10 (all same suit)
- Straight Flush - K, Q, J, 10, 9 (all same suit) to A, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Four of a Kind - Any four of the same number or face cards
- Full House - Three of a Kind + any pair
- Flush - Any combination of cards but all same suit
- Straight - A, K, Q, J, 10 to A, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Three of a Kind - Any three of the same number cards
- Two Pairs - One Pair + One Pair
- One Pair - Any two of same number or face cards
Quick Video Poker Tips
It is recommended that you always play five coins per hand. You will always find that this yields the highest pay outs including a proportionally higher royal flush payout. Video poker can have a very low house advantage when played at max bet.
Many video poker games also have a "Double" feature where you can double up your winning by picking a higher card than the one displayed. This can be a great way to increase your winnings as it has no house advantage.